Re: New pics with lift and tires

From: David's Dakota (dakota@ivyleague.net)
Date: Sun Jan 02 2000 - 17:23:20 EST

>> Until I do, you mind if I borrow your
>> Kota, Dave ole' buddy ole' pal???
>> Hugh, hugh??? :-)

Come to the next get together and take her for a test spin.

>> Now that I got that off my chest, you
>> were able to mount those 33's on stock
>> wheels and only a 3" body lift... How
>> does it all work? Also, what gears are
>> you running and how do they work?

I used the stock 15x8 rims with minimal rubbing ( only rubs when turning
either direction fully ) so I am looking into getting some rims with
different offset. The spare fit back under the truck with no problem...I
was surprised as the 31x10.5 that came off looked to be about the largest
that would fit.

I have 3.55 gears and purposely waited until I got my lift and tires on
before getting any lockers. I was not sure if I would want/need to do any
regearing...I really do not ( as I can still leave a pretty impressive line
of rubber ) but am going to so I get back some lost crawl ratio...I thinking
about 4.10ish gears as I use my truck for mostly playing around and do not
worry to much about gas mileage.

Lockers and gears next!!!

David Martin
98 SC 5.2l 4x4