Re: I'm baaaaaack! (long)

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Sun Jan 02 2000 - 20:42:29 EST

Well, I know the mileage calculation was accurate since I used the bike
speedo (and double-checked it with the factory odometer bias).

Bob, yes I was going at a pretty good clip for non-interstate driving. The
road I took has VERY LITTLE traffic and is actually a very good road, save
for the small towns every 20 or 30 miles. I can actually travel faster here
than on the interstate (I-35) because on the interstate, you are often
slowed by trucks or rv's backing up 2 lanes of traffic, plus state troopers
tend to be more numerous there. On this isolated highway, I might meet one
vehicle going my way every 10-30 miles, depending on location (there's
stretches in NE where I can travel 30-40 miles without seeing anyone! - in
fact, if I traveled at mid-night, I could probably drive several hours
without seeing anyone, but then I have to worry about deer). Since there is
so little traffic, passing is a breeze. On the 800-mile trip, I see an
average of 2 cops. At any rate, good roads, good vehicle, very little
traffic = pretty good clip ;-)

Rob, talk with Jon Steiger, maybe you could post that chart to the DML
webpage?!?

--
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate

p.s. - sorry for the slow reply, am on digest mode.