Re: Lights

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 02 2000 - 23:26:42 EST

I like the 80W lights thought. I seem to see the same amount of light but
here's the cool part of this. I heard the "factory" wiring for the power
wire in the the harness was too small and it lost a lot of power thru it's
long trip from a loop from battery thru relays to harness, so..

I went and got a 12v relay and spliced the factory harness wire and used the
one for the regular low beams as a "remote on" wire and then on the output
end of the relay, i connected that into the input of the harness.

Anyways. the right bulb (where the relay is located at) is much brighter
than the left one, which I had to run an additional 2 feet of 12 gauge
wiring. I think I'm going to go buy another relay and use it for the left
light. I can tell a huge difference. When I'm near a wall, the right would
look completely blue, then on the left, there'd be the normal white-amberish
tinted light..
-Dester

<< yeah, I got H4 + 30's in my 88 and they are much brighter than Jodi's
 stock lights in her 98 with the foggies on too....
 can't beat H4's =)

 -mike d