truck cap

From: Kentucky Kayak (kykayak@home.com)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 02:20:14 EST

Suppose to pick up my Y2K DAK CC 4WD later today, hence the insomnia;
it's almost 2:30 AM and I'm sitting here playing on the computer. I am
having a Swiss fiberglass cap installed this Saturday, and have a couple
of questions.

First, does anyone have recommendations for a boot to go between the
front slider on the cap and the rear slider on the cab?

Second, the cap is going to have a 12 volt dome light, and I plan to
have it wired so it is always hot, so that I don't have to turn the key
on in the truck to turn on the light. However, I know that sooner or
later, I'll forget and leave the light on and run down the battery, so I
am planning to put a spring wound timer switch in series with the
light. The switch I will be using is designed to fit into a standard 2"
x 4" x 1-1/4" electrical box. Any recommendations on how to mount this
electrical box inside the fiberglass cap, preferably close to the light,
but definitely within easy reach of the back of the truck?

--
Zane Harris
kykayak@home.com