Dak power train for the future...(long)

From: Chris and Sara (rile1@prodigy.net)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 02:22:52 EST

Are the new hemis (5.7L & 6.1L) going to make it into the Dakota lineup?
The word at http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/chrydex.htm is that these new
powerplants are going to make it into the Charger and Ram, but no word on
our beloved Dak. I hope so, I'm looking to upgrade my '97. It's a
beautiful truck and I love the comments, but my warranty just went up, and
although there was a time when that would have been cause for celebration,
OBDII has ruined my chances transplanting a hi-po replacement (380Hp 360
Magnum would be nice) motor. Mo Power! Anyway, to finish up, I like what
I've been hearing about the 4.7L and that full time trans. case would be
cool. A 2002 6.1L Hemi Dak R/T 4x4 Black clear, with chrome
lightbar/bed-rail combo, chrome nerf-bars and push bar would effectively
deter me from feeling bad about selling the DakotaMadness '97 4x4.
P.S. I know I've seen 4x4 R/T's around but
http://www.4adodge.com/dakota/frameset_dakota.html leads me to believe
otherwise for 2000 models. (was not an option on the build your own Dak
page either) What's going on with that?

C. Rile
http://drive.to/DakotaMadness