RE: rubbing compounds

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 17:18:15 EST

Jon,
You probably don't want to use rubbing compound. If you can, get hold of a
buffer or orbital polisher. This will make the job a lot shorter. I will
recommend two choices. Use something like Meguir's Scratch & Swirl Remover,
or pay a visit to you local auto paint shop and pick up a mild buffing
liquid like "Finesse-it", or something similar. This is what I did after
the 2000 grit wet sanding. It buffs out very nice. So nice that I am going
to go back over and re-clear coat again. (It brought out a few more flaws
in my work than I am willing to settle with.) Don't feel bad about
procrastinating. My paint repair started back in March. All good things
take time! Right?