Re: Rustproofing?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 13:04:50 EST

At 10:18 AM 1/4/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi everyone - I'm sure this topic has been beat to death, but I need
>some opinions on it: What do any of you think about rustproofing?

I don't know if any of the Krown Rust or Rust Check franchises have
moved into your area or into the States but, if they have, I would
highly recommend them.

I had (my son has it now) a '86 PU (make shall remain unknown) that
had a reputation for being a rust bucket. In '86, I had it rustproofed
by Krown Rust and, each year after, reshot with their spray. To this
day, there is not one spec of rust in the undercarriage, bed or body.

The material used by Krown Rust and Rust Check is oiled based with
a creeping material that will find its way into crevices and unreachable
parts of the body. It used to take about an hour to spray but their
formulas have been improved since and now it's about 1/2 hour. Every
auto since then has been Krown rustproofed and I have never had any
problems, whatsoever, with rust. IMHO, if any rustproofing place
does not have a yearly respray program, then they are not honest
about combatting rust.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.