Re: remote starter

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 22:45:03 EST

I'll say "Don't do it" goto best buy pay them 170 bucks and they'll install
the starter for you. I'd pay a lil extra and put power door locks in there
while they're at it.

I tell you not to do it, because think about it
1) autostart unit with "remote" 100 bucks.
2) install, find out you can't do it (Very hard and the instruction sheet has
all the wrong wiring diagram colors) then go pay someone 150 bucks to
install it.

My advice is to do it right the first time. Most likely, you'll ignore me
and go ahead and try it, but hey, if you still don't believe me. I have that
remote starter unit sitting in my garage. most of the wiring is still there.

-Dester

<< Hello,
     This is my first post to this mailing list. I have a basic 98 dakota
 sport with the v6 engine, roll up windows,manual locks and I am wanting
 to install a remote starter. I feel confident that I can do the
 installation but need some help on good brands, installation tips,
 wiring tips, etc.. I checked out a couple of shops in a local mall and
 the cheapest install was over $200 and I thought that that was way
 overpriced.
 I did check through the archive first but there was only one message
 about remote starters and it was from last March so I thought that I
 would ask again.
 Thanks,
     Mark