Re[2]: Higher Wattage Bulbs

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 23:18:41 EST

Yeah man, let me know how to upgrade the wires. My email is fawcett@bu.edu

Thanks!
Tom

P.S. If these Nokya's are white lights I might be interested but we'll have to
ship them to my business address.

Subject: Re: DML: Higher Wattage Bulbs
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> at smtpout
Date: 1/4/00 10:56 PM

Okay. I have 9007 80/110 NOKYA bulbs in my 97 dakota cc v6. I used to have
55/80 watts, but they didn't put out enough light, I can get the Nokya 9007
for about 25 bucks a pair plus shipping (probably about 5 bucks) they
usually sell for 35 bucks at LEAST at a speed shop.

back to the info you need: i've had the 80/110 watt bulbs in there for over
3 weeks and even while driving a 13 hour trip with them on, the headlight
didn't melt. I advise you upgrade your headlight wiring if you do it (e-mail
for details) Upgrading the wiring should cost about 14 bucks...
-Dester

<< Son of a B! Any truth that higher wattage (9007) bulbs can cause fires or
melt
 the headlight bezels? I just read this today and wanted to know if this has
 happened to anybody with a gen II kota or *know* if this is accurate info.
or
 not!
 TIA
 Tom