Re: Long trip in the Dakota-Canada questions

From: J McKinney (bigmopar4x4@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 10:10:09 EST

Hey Jason good info, and I'll check out that site, thanks.

Kinda funny you mention the bear repellant thing. I think
people assumed certain things when I mentioned that I
wanted to bring a firearm, but in the area I'll be going
(Eagle River) it really is a necessity. The bear attacks
have been going up, and a short while back they had to
shoot a huge Grizzly in somebody's "backyard" 2 houses down
from my friend's house, I saw the pictures! Plus, the
rifle is not to protect me, it's to protect my truck!!

(http://www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca/customs/individuals/menu-e.html)

> Sounds like a great trip. My parents flew to Vancouver
> and drove up
> into the Yukon last summer. They were sightseeing, but
> it took them a
> lot longer to cover the country than they expected.
> Remember when you
> see a map of BC and things look pretty close together, to
> check the
> scale. Provinces are a lot bigger than most states.
>
> Good luck, have a great time.

=====
John McKinney
Los Banos, CA
1998 Dakota 4x4 5in lift/locked 33" Swampers
1974 Ramcharger 4in lift/locked 33" BFG MT's