Re: Trouble Codes

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 11:45:26 EST

Ok, I'm thinkin' the "Trip reset" and "trip odometer" switches are the
same thing? My truck only has one trip reset switch. Do I only have to
hold the one switch while switching the ignition to on? Or is there
something I'm missing here?

>> 01:33 PM 12/23/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>I have a '99 Dakota 318 4x4 auto, to which I am trying
>>to pull the computer trouble codes myself.
>>
>>I tried the key on/off 3 times thing but that did not
>>seem to work or I am doing it wrong. I tried following the
>>post on the DML home page on how to do this for 1997+ Dak.
>>
>>Anyone know how to get the codes from a '99?
>>any special secrets?
>
>Access to any codes were changed in '98. Here's the new procedure.
>
>Simultaneously depress the trip reset and trip/odometer switches,
>and, while holding them, turn the ignition to ON/RUN, and wait about 5
>seconds. This sends the car through a short self-test sequence that
>lights
>all segments of the odometer and shift selector read-out (where
>applicable). It will then display the stored error codes.
>
>Good luck.
>
>Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
>'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
00 Dakota CC 4X4, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Forest Green, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"