Re:Extreme Praise for JBA

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 13:45:20 EST

Some of my coating has burned off too. I wonder if I should look into getting
them re-coated as well.
Tom

Subject: DML: Extreme Praise for JBA
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: 1/5/00 9:17 AM

I would like to let everyone know just how well JBA backs their products.
This stems off the purchase of both headers and a y-pipe. The headers I
purchased were ceramic coated. The coating has previously gone bad one
time, and is now doing so again. This is no fault of JBA. Apparently the
exhaust gases in the magnum engines exceed the rating for the silver ceramic
coating. I am sending them back once again to have them re-coated with a
higher (hotter) rated black coating under warranty.
The real item of praise concerns the y-pipe. The pipe was designed to fit
the automatic transmission, not a manual. This was not know at the time of
ordering. Naturally the pipe would not clear the manual transmission
housing due to the size difference. I had the option of returning the pipe,
or taking it into a JBA certified shop for customization. I took the pipe
in for customization since the factory pipe was damaged when I removed it.
JBA covered the cost 100% for having the cutting and welding required for
this.
There aren't a lot of companies out their that are willing to go this far to
support the end customer. I am happy to say that JBA is one of them. I
will highly and happily recommend them to anyone asking for their line of
products.
Rich - Ashburn, VA