Rough Idle Revisited

From: jsm@iglou.com
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 18:07:34 EST

Maybe the problem I was having with the rough idle on my 97 V6 is
solved? Bernd suggested cleaning the pintle on the idle air control
motor at the back of the TB. I took the TB off and cleaned everything.
The pintle was dirty. One thing I did notice is that the rubber plug on
the tube on the passenger side of the intake, right below where the PCV
tube goes in, was kind of oily. It would move and slide VERY easy. Is
that normal?

After putting everything back together I still had a rough idle, but not
as bad. So I thought why not try disconnecting the MSD and see what
happens. I hooked up the stock ignition and it has been running good
since. I still notice a slight drop in RPMs when I put it in park, but
it doesn't stall now when I do. So maybe my MSD went belly-up? Is there
any way to check it without sending it back? It's only been on for 5
months.

Steve
jsm@iglou.com
Lou-a-vull, KY