Blackstone Lab Full Specs

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 23:43:48 EST

Here are the technical specs on my motor oil, after being driven for 3,000
miles in my 1993 Dakota 4x4 V6 with 115,973(at the lab test time) miles. I
have used Castrol 10W-30 and Fram PH16 every oil change since I bought the
truck with 13,500 miles on it. The truck has never burned/needed any oil
between oil change intervals. All the elements are listed in parts per
million.
Aluminum: 5
Chromium: 1
Iron: 16
Copper: 11
Lead: 11
Tin: 1
Molybdenum: 88
Nickel: 1
Manganese: 0
Silver: 0
Titanium: 0
Vandium: 0
Boron: 0
Silicon: 11
Sodium: 5
Calcium: 1550
Magnesium: 252
Phosphorus: 689
Zinc: 738
Barium: 0
SUS Viscosity @210degrees(Values should be 59-72): 60.6
Flashpoint in degrees(Values shoud be >365): 360
Fuel %(Values shoudl be <2.0): <0.5
Antifreeze %(Values should be 0): 0
Water %(Values should be <0.05): 0.0
Insoluables %(Values should be <0.6): .6
For comparison, check out Jon's lab report at:
http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/ATTACHMENTS/stei0302@cs.fred
onia.edu/oilreport2.jpg

I really thought the lab was very nice and very prompt when returning my
results. Cant go wrong for $16.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6