Re: Re: Rough idling

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 10:42:52 EST

In a message dated 1/6/00 10:36:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
natedak2k@yahoo.com writes:

> I HAD a similar problem too. A little rough idle and it would die on me
> when I would turn the wheel to the stops either way! As soon as the wheel
> hit the stop the engine would just die. This lasted for about the first
> 500 miles or so. I intended to take it in for a look see but then it just
> stopped doing both things all the sudden. One morning I just got in the
> truck and the idle was beautifull and it didn't die on me anymore when I
> turned it to the stops! I think the computer was maybe learning
> something? hmmm.
>
> Nate

I notice alot of cars (not just Daks) have problems with time of year. I
think it has to do with the weather change. The temperature plummets and the
computer is used to running at higher temperatures. The lower intake
temperatures cause the truck to run a little rich, until the computer leans
to adjust the mixture. Runs worse when cold and the computer is in open loop.

Sounds good in theory anywayz, eh??

-Austin
Vipertruck