Re: Something NEW????

From: Bill Ligon (ligon_w@hccs.cc.tx.us)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 13:57:49 EST

Yesterday I got a flyer in the mail for a new business called " Rent a
Tire". It evidentially is a spin off of the rent-to-own appliance type of
store. I don't know if this just another 'TEXAS' thing or what. The basic
concept is that you can select tires and / or wheels. You make weekly
payments. If you make x# of payments then you own them otherwise the store
retains ownership. This scheme was originally created to get around usury
laws. Probably equivalent to 30+% APR.

Dakota relevance: Daks use tires

* Bill Ligon *
* 97 Dakota SLT+ *