Re: door speakers

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 15:13:39 EST

> Does any one know what the largest size speaker is that will fit in the
door
> of a gen 2 dak? Right now I have 5 1/4 but want to upgrade soon.
> Thanx
> Mark

I am running Pioneer 2way 6.5"(1648) in my 93's doors. The 6.5's fill up the
speaker hole alot better and sound so much better than the stock 5.25" do.
Just have to watch for magnet clearance when selecting a 6.5" speakers, or
the window when roles down will hit the speaker magnet. The 6.5's I am using
are about 1/4" away from the window when it is rolled down. Once again,
without a doubt 6.5's will fit, dont replace them with 5.25's, just be sure
to get a 6.5 that is not very deep. The 6.5S(slim) models will work out
good.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6