Re[2]: Extreme Praise for JBA

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 18:42:52 EST

OK, here's the scoop. I spoke with Joe Stone at JBA today and he said the
ceramic coating has a lifetime warranty but the headers don't (I think it was a
year on the headers themselves?)... He confirmed what Rich was saying about
the temp. thing but he gave me a number of 1500 degrees which is slightly
higher. He went on to say that exceeding that temp. may indicate a lean
running engine or other problem raising exhaust temp... Could be a little CYA
in that remark or it might be true (I really don't know how hot "normal"
exhaust gasses get), but I really don't think my engine is running lean (no
knock and just look at my MPG!). Finally he said having them re-coated was a
one shot deal, which I think means if a re-coat doesn't work they are going to
assume the problem is with the engine.

So it looks like I'm gonna' have to revisit the header install ordeal again! :(
 I know some of you guys thought it was easy but for me it was a royal pain in
the butt! Maybe it's easier the second time but I ain't looking forward to it.
Tom