Re: Re: Breaking a Wheel Stud

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 23:43:05 EST

fawcett@uism.bu.edu writes:

<< Is there anyway I can check the rest of the studs to see if they messed up
any
 others? I was planning on loosening all the lug nuts and torqueing them
down
 again, is that good enough proof they're OK? I'd hate to loose a freaking
 wheel on the highway!
 Tom

Tom throw a little anti sieze on the threads of the studs. this will lube
and also will not allow the rust to form. I usually end up telling the tire
guys to thread the lugs on by hand and than using a torque wrench. I got
pissed one time when i saw this dude woing the tightening with a air hammer.
On my crew cab the studs were so thick i didnt worry about breaking them, but
on the dakota i do
Rob