Re: Re: Timing Chain Suprise

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 10:21:17 EST

At 09:35 PM 1/6/00 EST, you wrote:
>well, since i'm in there, why waste the momentum? Where can I get a
camshaft
>with lifters? I want to make my truck look better, but roller rockers and
>a cam are at stake here. both will help make me love the dakota more, but
>what do I really want? hehe. choices choices choices. -Dester

If you want noticeable hp/torque improvement (although higher in the rpm
range), then the cam will give it to you. If you're more interested in
the durability factor then the roller rockers are for you. There will be
some gain in hp with the roller rockers but it is small and won't be
noticeable. The ideal would be to put both in at the same time if budget
allows.

The MP cam comes with stronger lifters so you're okay there. MP also strongly
recommended that you use the MP retainers and valve springs. If you opt
not to get any of these, keep your revs to what is normal for stock. BTW,
the MP roller rockers kit comes with beefier pushrods as well.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.