3.9l w/ 3" exh(please read)

From: Mike Schwanke (mps01@home.com)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 11:53:37 EST

I called Gibson today about the 3 " cat-back exhaust being too big for
the 3.9l. I talked to Jim in technical and told him that i was losing
low end power and really didn't show any gains with it. I told him that
a few others had experienced this problem and we felt that it was too
big and we are losing too much back pressure. He told me this was the
first he had heard of it, but did say that anything was possible. He
took down the info and filled out a technical report on the problem. He
said if he had a couple of more calls on it he would go and look into it
(i.e. smaller exhaust). I told him I was on the DMl and he said if
anybody has had this problem to let him know. I gave him the url for
the DML and he said he would try and post something. He also said he
would let the sales reps know and if they had a v6 in the area that
wanted to be "used" as a test truck to see if they experience that same
loss of power he would give them a deal and put it on for free.

Now what I need if possible is anybody who has had the Gibson 3" on the
v6, or even went with a 3" exhaust and lost low end power/tourque, to
give them at call. Their number is 1-800-528-3044. Ask for Jim in
technical or for ext. 109. The more reports he gets, the quicker he
said they will look into and correcting it. Maybe we can get a Gibson
cat-back in 2.5", or whetever size that works better, and get the sound
and performance gains and not lose the low end power. It's worth a
shot. We really don't have anything to lose.

Thanks
Mike