Re: Re: 4.7 SLT outruns the R/T 5.9

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 14:11:31 EST

frankwjohnson@hotmail.com writes:

<< And the 454 always seemed like an engine
 that would just suck down gas almost as fast as you could fill it up.

actually the 454 is a great motor. mabey it doesnt have the high Hp ratings
but the torque # are up there. i had a crew cab 4x4 and yeah it only got 8
mpg loaded or unloaded towing or not, but if you need a work horse motor
for pulling or towing HEAVY loads a big block is the only way to go. any big
block wether chevy ford or dodge. remember torque is what gets you moving on
the street. I loved the power of my 454 but the gas mileage was pretty bad.
And a BB can be made to have some power. yeah i know a small block can be
made with more hp but for on demand torque the BB cant be beat
Rob