Re: RE: Daimler Chrysler News Update, [ATTN: Chris

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 06:20:05 EST

Hey Chris,

You sure got a lot of questions. All good ones.

Unfortunately, I don't work at the Chrysler Tech Center in Auburn Hills.
I'm down in the City at the 'ol Axle Plant.

I cannot verify the answers to your questions right now. When I pick up
good information from the Intranet, I will pass it on to the list.

My best guess is: The 5.9 will be phased out eventually and replaced with
one of the new engines. I thought the 4.7 was actually a "Semi-Hemi" which
is why they use the term "Powertech" and it's still a Magnmum.
I don't have accurate information on the differences between the 4.7, 5.7 and
6.1.
I had heard at one time that the new engine for the Viper would be a Hemi V8.
This could be wrong.
When will a Hemi Dakota be available? I don't know for sure, but I get the
first one.

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan