Re: Sticker removal

From: MrDakota95@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 08:59:48 EST

In a message dated 01/08/2000 2:06:45 AM Central Standard Time,
Ohm347@aol.com writes:

<<
 a lot of patience and a fingernail worked for me. heating the sticker with
 heat gun did not. the sticker on the tail gate was a breeze(thicker).
tried
 lighter fluid, didn't work, nail polish remover, nope. my roomate
 suggested lacquer thinner, i told him i liked having paint on the doors. in
 the end it was a fingernail to get it started and a thumb to remove the glue
 left behind after the vinyl pulled off. blowdryer would have probably
worked
 better than the heat gun i used. was afraid i would burn the paint.
 i hope someone can give you a better suggestion than this. if not your
thumb
 is going to be sore.
 derek
 98 dakota sport+ cc 4x4 5.2 5spd shaved(blistered thumb) >>

Can you say OUCH!!!!! I removed the Dodge sticker on my tailgate and I had
lotsa blisters but Hey thats why they make bandaids. The glue they use is
somthing else
I tried solvents with no luck either. It does look much better now and my
fingers have healed.!!!

MrDakota95