Re: 98 V-6 Dakota Cat Converter Problems?

From: kwjohn@mindspring.com
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 11:12:56 EST

I had the same problem on my '97. However, I -DID- have a warranty
fight with the dealers in my area (they wanted to charge me ~$400 labor,
but they'd cover the parts). I eventually got completely fed up (and no
resolution) so I replaced the whole damn exhaust from the engine back.
I now have JBA Headers, stock Y-pipe, Dynomax hi-flow cat, custom-bent
pipes, and Flowmaster muffler. I don't like the sound of the
Flowmaster, but I -do- have better acceleration.

Oh, and the complete replacement cat cost me $175 including
installation.

Kurt