RE: Roller Rockers and Other Minor Mods

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 12:40:26 EST

That's about it if you're not going after a race truck. I had installed the
Roller Rockers on my V6 since I was planning on running Nitrous (or a
Blower) and wanted some extra valvetrain stability. (Especially at high
rpm's.) Are they needed...no. Since they are the Crower 1.6:1 Rollers,
there were no Pushrod/Valve Spring replacements required. On the 1.7:1,
Crower recommends different valve springs due to the possibility of cold
bind...but others have done without. Frank (F&B) had written something
about the pushrod lengths, but i'm not sure if that applied to the Crower
Rockers or not.

So far, it looks like you've got all the regular "Go Fast Goodies" for a
street machine. ;)

The only item I would personally change is the Intake system...Quick-D
and/or K&N make a great Intake Tube System and seems to work better than the
old-school 14" Rounds. (I tried it myself originally with a 10" on my V6
and found that when the engine is warm, the Intake Tube system works much
better.)

$0.02

- Bernd