Re: my Own opinion

From: Dyno05@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 10:10:06 EST

4400 lbs is only 500 lbs more than my truck weighs. That is about 5 tenths in
the quarter mile. Subtract that and what do you get? Not a 14.6. Subtract a
bit more for the 31 inch tires and it still isnt a 14.6. The 4.7 doesnt have
the same torque as the 5.9. Torque is what propels the car not the hp.
Headers on the 4.7 will not have the same effect on the engine as opposed to
a 5.9 because the larger the displacement the more effect of the
modification. A five speed is good for off the line but I dont care how fast
you shift you still lose time to an automatic on every shift you make. When
I race a 4.7 with headers and he beats me I will then say I am wrong. There
is no replacement for dispacement.

DW