Re: Auto Trans question

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 23:34:16 EST

Mine does the same thing (97 dakota v6 auto) when you push the O.D. button
to turn it off, but then click it to turn it back on, the RPMs will jump
about 150 RPMs up and then shift. I think this is due to the torque
converter kicking in and creating a direct lock from engine to tranny.
dunno. I think it's common
-Dester

<<
 My '97 Dak transmission seems to slip when shifting into overdrive. The
 engine RPM rises about 150 RPM when shifting from 3rd to O.D., has any one
 had this happen to them? The truck is due for it's 36,000 mile service in
 about 3 weeks, is it OK to wait until then to have this 'problem' checked?
 Thanks Stan Killingsworth