Re: Re: 4.7 SLT outruns the R/T 5.9?

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 02:50:44 EST

In a message dated 01/10/2000 6:32:12 AM !!!First Boot!!!, OLZNUT@webtv.net
writes:

<< Dang, all this talk about the "mighty" 4.7 and when me and Rob ran at
 the track, he only beat me by 1 sec. in the 1/4 (even though I left him
 napping at the light, hehe) and I got a V-6. Kinda makes me feel good
 that I'm not too far behind.

 Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
 '97 Dakota SLT+ CC Auto, 3.9 V-6 >>

Now to be fair Ed you do realise i was sleeping at the light. ( my fault) now
as for you being 1 second slower you still know you were racing a fully
loaded 4X4 with 31 inch tires. yeah i know you have a v6 and i have a v8 but
to be fair a 2 wheel drive 4,7 would be at least another second if not 2 sec
faster than i am. it just shows the potential of the 4,7 in my opinion that
even in a 4x4 cc auto it still knocked out a high 16 sec pass. and thats with
a driver that hasnt been drag racing in a long while. the passes times did
get better with more passes i made
Rob