Re: LSD

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 17:15:57 EST

At 03:46 PM 1/10/00 -0500, you wrote:
>With winter here I have been wondering about the LSD option that I did NOT
>get. (I bought it off the lot and didn't know better) I have looked through
>the archives and did not find what I was looking for. I have a '99 reg cab
>sport V6 5speed. (do not have the handling package). Can I buy the LSD and
>swap it out my self. Or are there any other options.

I don't know how bad the winters are where you're at but why not just see
how the Dak handles without LSD for the 1st winter. Throw something into
the bed to put under a tire in case the Dakota becomes stuck.

If snow is deep where you are and you get quite a bit of freezing rain,
I would suggest that a good set of winter tires would be more useful.
LSD may be better than open if you get stuck but LSD will also cause
a lot of fishtailing unless the pedal is feathered in slippery conditions.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.