Re: LSD

From: Cal Hyer (clhyer@hom.net)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 00:09:39 EST

David, I agree with Bob. Unless you want the LSD for "other reasons"...
Most of the vehicles on the road are probably not LSD. I don't know where
you live, but do they not generally keep the roads fairly clear? Common
sense driving when the roads are slippery, good defensive driving (please
use your signal lights!), allocating a little more time to the drive (enjoy
it), good winter tires (not "all season anything's") and an extra couple
hundred pounds of weight over the back wheels and you will be fine. You
will get the hang of it quickly (we hope!). With some experience you will
know what the truck is capable of doing. If you think it won't make the
hill cause it's too slippery, don't chance it - go a different way. Use the
money you'd spend on a tow truck to do another mod to the dak.
I speak from several years experience in upstate N.Y. - most of that time
with a regular 2WD, non-LSD.
Cal Hyer
PS - if you are out west in the mountains, you might want to upgrade to
4X4...