RE: In defense of "R/T a$$holes"

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 18:06:52 EST

You know, I read this article in the Truck Trend Magazine (Motor Trend
little brother), that the major complaints by them was that the QC outran
the latest R/T by a 1/4 of a second, having a 4.7 motor and weighing a mere
300lbs more. I really didn't know why it bothered so many R/T owners.

Hey! DC made an error but they will always correct the problem. I
personally think, the DC owners here should petitioned the Dodge Truck
Division and asked for the upgraded 5.7-350HP new R/T for 2001 or 2002. But
let's now add some real rims (18x9), tires that stick, lowered suspension
like the Saleen or Roush Mustang or Viper. Then call it a real master of
the compact trucks. But keep it under 30K. I want a truck that can
demolish the SVT Lightning. If MOPER would let me spend the money for the
needed upgrades to run the Dakota SS in the 0-60 under 5.2 and the 1/4 mile
in low 13's then not lose my DC 100K warranty, I would do it. How about a
Twin Turbo, 4:10 rear, is having Saleen do the suspension and gripping tires
to match! But the word is if you do, no warranty...

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD,MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, US Marine Corps