RE: Re: RE: RE: RE: Re: 4.7 SLT out......die thread die -Weight

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 00:12:58 EST

No disagreements with that at all.

- Bernd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: Re: DML: Re: RE: RE: RE: Re: 4.7 SLT out......die thread die
-Weight

yeah right. dude when i had my 454ss ( stock) i got beat by little 1.7 litre
turbo jobs and mild mods hondas 9 air intake exhaust ...) yeah i had a big
a$$ motor but so what i was getting killed at the track. I had v6 S10 keep
up and got beat by same style chevy and GMcs with 350. Ive beaten 454ss
pick
ups with my 1989 GMC sierra and i only had a 350 in it. so size its great
but
I guess im just tired of people with a 360 thinking they are so special.
believe me while the RT or a 360 is a nice powerful motor they arent
invincible. My 4.7 only puts out 235 hp. a cadillac northstar v8 ( 4.8
litre)
puts out 300 hp. all im saying just because its a little smaller it doesnt
make it a economy motor or whatever you may think. ive kept up to RT and
chevy 350 and fords. mabey mine is better built i dont know. all i know is
its not economy. my average fuel is between 12 to 15 mpg depending on how i
drive. and it has plenty of power for passing and keeping up with so called
sport cars. i kept up to a mustang from 60 to 100 mph. anyway let this
thing
die out
Rob