Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: Fluctuating guages (long)

From: Michael Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 00:26:35 EST

At 10:39 PM 1/11/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>When I say flushed I meant i just changed the fluid out and kept the
>radiator cap. I didn't know you were supposed to change them. How often?
>Mark

If your not boiling over or pushing coolant out of the puke tank then don't
worry about the cap. The cap just regulates the pressure (raises it above
outside pressure) to raise the boiling point of the coolant/water. If the
cap was weak, it would boil over (overheat) and push coolant into the puke
tank and over fill it, which you would see the next time you checked your
radiator - the coolant will be low.

Mike
'99 RC 4x2 V6 5spd Sport

mschwall@flash.net