RE: swirl marks/detailing?

From: Steve Strigle (strigle@home.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 00:52:38 EST

First off I'll confess to being someone that spends way too much time taking
care of my vehicles. Some might remember me as the guy that had my black
SLT's body reflecting more than the tinted glass did. Before I really went
nuts with the wax I showed off a very clear reflection of myself taking a
picture of the truck in the trucks door. I regret not just ordering a
black RT to replace my slt.. My white shines more than most dark colors,
but my black turned more heads when it was clean.

First off NEVER use a commercial car wash. The commercial pressure washer
is okay, but don't use their soap or waxes because it will dull your finish
over time. Since you have a black truck don't even think of using anything
like the California duster. Clean it with a good soap (mothers, meguires,
zaino, or zymol) always top off a wash with a quick detail style shine
(Z-6). Use only Zaino, or Zymol to wax your truck. Invest in a really
large high quality chamois to dry your truck/windows, and a big fluffy
(fabric softener free) white cotton towel to remove the wax/polish.

Steve '00 Dakota CC RT (white)
strigle @home.com