Re: carlisle

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 02:04:19 EST

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Christopher Saltsman wrote:

> I am also making plans for carlisle. Just a few questions.
>
> 1. price?

   I believe it is about $35, which includes admission for the entire
weekend (for 2 people, I think?), entry into the fun field, and a
goody bag.

> 2. how/where to enter?

  I don't think they're ready to accept pre-registrations yet. When they
are, there will be a form right on their web site you can fill out. As a
part of the registration process, you can fill out a field that says
which "club" you are affiliated with. If we get enough people who
register as a part of the DML, they will set up a shade tent for us,
which is definitely a good thing! Its great to be able to get out of that
burning sun! Also, the more people that register as DMLers, the better
the chance that the DML will get some money. (There is a certain amount
of cash set aside for club participation; if we get any, it'll be applied
towards mailing list, web site, and domain name costs.)

   Once the details are available, they'll be posted to the list.

> 3. what hotel?

   I'm not sure about everyone else, but I know of at least 7 DMLers who
will be staying at the Roadway Inn in Dillsburg, PA. The rates are decent,
and there is a good restauraunt next door. Whatever hotel you choose, you'll
want to get your reservations now; the hotels in Carlisle are already full.
(Dillsburg is about 10 miles away.) You can reserve a room on-line if
you want at http://www.choicehotels.com

> 4. where will the dml area be?

   I'm not sure. They said that they'd be giving us a bigger area this
year. (Good thing, because we overflowed the area last year!) If you're
registered as a DML member, when you drive in the main gate and go inside
the little house to get your paperwork, they will give you a map and show
you exactly where we are. Look for a 20' long yellow on black banner that
says "Dakota Mailing List".

  I've got some pictures of the DML area at Carlisle last year. I'll put
together a quick little meet report to give everyone a flavor of what
is in store. :-) (Right after I finish mailing out some decals.)

                                              -Jon-

  .--- jon@dakota-truck.net -- or -- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ------------.
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `---------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'