Re: Power Tailgate locks

From: J.D. Forinash (foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 07:48:40 EST

On Tue, Jan 11, 2000 at 05:49:40PM -0500, Mike D. wrote:
> Hot Rod TV is even worse. Saw em' do a header install on an older F-body,
> made it look like a cake walk... even the whole losening the engine
> mounts and jackin' up the motor to get em' on looked easier than droppin'
> a wet bar of soap...

Shadetree Mechanic gets my vote for most annoying. Watched 'em do an
install of the digital Holley Pro-Jection kit on a late-'80s Chevy pickup.
At the time, I had an '81 Suburban-- mechanically identical. I thought
that since I needed a carburetor for it anyhow, a throttle body fuel
injector would be a good idea. Kinda cool, too, since I could hook it up
to the computer and tune it myself, adjust the fuel curves... real cool
geek gearhead toy.

Not only did they make the install look like a cakewalk, but never once
amid the hundred times they said "And you can even do this to your truck!"
did they mention that the Holley digitial Pro-Jection kit _ain't street
legal_. The analog version is, but not the cool digital one they were
showing me how to install.

But hey, Holley paid good money for that spot...

-JDF

--
--J.D. Forinash (foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu) / '69 Coronet 440, yellow, 318
The more you learn, the better your    / '70 Fury III 'vert, mostly white, 318