RE: 00 Dak 4.7 Mileage??

From: Carter, Brian (Brian.Carter@Texian.org)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 12:47:47 EST

Mine is only 2 weeks old and I get the about the same, 13-14. Since I
really haven't done any highway driving except the day I bought it, I don't
know about the highway mileage.

I just passed the 1K miles mark, once it breaks in, I'll be more worried
about it.

Someone recommended that I change the oil at 1K miles, and somebody else
suggested 6K, is there any consensus on this?

--Brian T. Carter
00 Dakota QC, 4x4, 4.7, Auto