Re: Fluctuating guages BERND

From: S.Buccellato (s.buccellato@larc.nasa.gov)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 15:18:49 EST

I read this on another web site and thought you guys/girls might be
interested.

Hey guys, I just talked with the service manager at my local (Western PA)
Dodge dealer about the PING in my 99 4x4 QC 5.2. I explained to him all the
issues that I saw on this and other boards, and explained to him the issues
that I had. When the ping occurred, how often, what type and make of fuel,
etc. He told me that they have had many trucks in with the same issue. He
told me that Dodge has authorized them to change the spark plugs from the
OEM to Bosch Platinum's. The only catch is that they want 89 octange run
instead of 87. Since I will have the truck in on Monday the 17th, I told him
that I would like this done. He then told me that they have tried this on
about 15 trucks and have followed up with the owners to see if the problem
went away. So far no one has come back to say that the ping is continuing. I
will let you guys know Tuesday whether or not it solves mine. Hopefully it
will resolve the problem. :)

IF IT WAS ONLY THAT EASY.

SAL
97 Dakota