Re: Fluctuating guages BERND

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 15:06:15 EST

It definitely doesn't follows the old saying: "If a little is good a lot is
better."

If we go waaaaay back to the old days when they were just putting Distilled
Water in the radiators (before coolant was used)...you'll find that the
reason for coolant was to prevent boil-over/freezing and corrosion (and
that's all it was used for).

Only a little bit is required for this...normally only about 1/2 the bottle
at most. Adding too much doesn't cause any major problems (the core tubes
can get clogged though), but it just isn't required. You'll also notice
that some companies are already switching to "Pre-Mixed" coolant.

- Bernd