Re: Re: Anti-Freeze was: Fluctuating guages

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 18:57:40 EST

I guess it depends on the water supply. Here in San Antonio, for example,
all of our water comes from an underground aquifer. The material that
holds all that water in is limestone which dissolves in water quite
easily. It's great for leaving deposits and water spots. Even though I
have a water softner that supposedly removes most of the limestone, I
still only use distilled water in the battery and radiator.

Richard

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:03:22 -0500 fawcett@uism.bu.edu writes:
> Call me old fashioned, but I always use distilled water when I change
> out my
> freeze to minimize corrosion... Is this necessary anymore?
> Tom

> Subject: Re: DML: Fluctuating guages BERND
> Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
> Date: 1/12/00 2:17 PM
>
> Depending on where you live determines the ratio
> you want to use. If it is really cold, even 50/50 is usually still
> sufficient. If not, 60/40 or 70/30 will help to keep the temp down.
> Anti
> freeze doesn't work as well as a cooling agent as water, so the more
> water,
> the cooler it will run. If you are still having overheating
> problems, try
> water wetter by redline. The stuff is unbelievable. It isn't like
> water in
> that the more you use the better you are. One bottle to your system
> is
> sufficient. One of my cars is an intercooled turbo and water wetter
> dropped
> my avg temp by almost 20 degrees.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.