Re: Re: Anti-Freeze was: Fluctuating guages

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 00:05:37 EST

> Call me old fashioned, but I always use distilled water when I change out
my
> freeze to minimize corrosion... Is this necessary anymore?

Tom,
I drain and refill my radiator every year and flush my cooling system every
other year. When mixing the coolant, I have always used
straight-out-of-the-tap water. I replaced my tstat at 95,000 miles, it didnt
need to be replaced but I just wanted to make sure it didnt go bad at an
inconvenient location. To this day my truck has never overheated and has
never even came anywhere close. The temp guage needle, once the truck is
warmed up, moves up about 1/8 of the way. I believe it just comes down the
regular maintenance. Distilled water might be good if you drain and fill
every 5 years or so. I am just cheap too, and wouldnt pay for water!!)
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6