Re: RE:Tim Question

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 09:31:12 EST

Traction bars are great... I can feel the rear kick up a bit when I floor it
=-)
I did have to make a few mods to make them fit as I wanted them...
I put a spacer (Bent metal strip, kinda thick) on the rear of the springs to
bring them closer to the spring in the front, I also put a nut on the rubber
knob thing, to make it sit closer to the spring, when its sitting flat, the
rubber is about 1/2" - 1" from the spring, I also found it to make the dak
sit a lil lower in the rear (Compresses the spring) and When I'm towin the
Lawn Trailer 6000 ish lbs? It dosent sag down in the rear either.. (as bad)

I didnt get any sway bars, I dont see any need for these =-)
The 275/60 BFG's handle turns almost as good as a Stang =) (Not that I can
take turns that fast, but she dosent let go of the street) The traction bars
prolly helped me with that too as it stiffened the springs...

But, for $29.99, you can give them a try! (Autozone)
Tim Berry -- Chesapeake, VA
`97 SLT 318 auto CC 2x4 LSD:
Dual Exaust w/Flowmaster, Homemade K&N GEN II,
180 T-stat, Accel 8.5's, Lakewood Traction Bars, F&B Stage 1 TB
ASP Pullies (Crank/Alt), Trans Go Shift Kit, BFG 275/60's
BEST 1/4 15.836 @ 84.93 MPH (w/o bars, 275's, ASP, Shift Kit, intake)
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ