Re: Hypertech PTM Problem,Attn: Doug

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 09:33:37 EST

At 06:31 AM 1/13/00 EST, you wrote:
>I purchased the Hypertech PTM for my '97 Dakota 5.2 late in October.
>It also was a REV B. I had the same problem with the "check engine"
>light coming on. You can turn it off by disconnecting the battery for
>a few seconds but the light will come back on shortly.
>I had several conversations with Hypertech (in Tennessee) about this
>problem. It seems that for some reason it is picking up a false misfire
>reading and turning on the light.
>They say they have a fix for it and gave me an RMA number to return the
>unit; which I did. I am waiting for Hypertech to ship it back fixed.
>I am going to call the tonight to see when I can expect it.
>David R.

Hi, David

How are things going? I'd like to hear your opinion of the PTM
with regards to performance improvements and what features it
has. Apparently, MP has finally released their computer for the
'97 5.2 and supposedly is shipping. I'd like to get info. for
comparison purposes and also get my gauges back. Thanks.

Bob