RE: Warranty Work

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 15:30:49 EST

Hey! Are you located at Camp Pendleton?

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD,MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, US Marine Corps
mailto:stlaurents@mctssa.usmc.mil (work)
mailto:Saint1958@home.com (home)
Office: (760) 725-2296

-----Original Message-----
From: Johnson Sgt Michael D [mailto:JohnsonMD@lejeune.usmc.mil]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2000 11:58 AM
To: 'dakota-truck@buffnet.net'
Subject: RE: DML: Warranty Work

Hey guys thanks for the input. I am on digest mode at work so it takes me a
while to read all this. Yes, the truck is still under warranty, but they
said the gasket is all that is covered. The Tb cleaning and oil change were
services and were going to set me back close to a $100 when I could do this
in an hour and $30 (to include a few beers) in my driveway. My friend has
had his Jeep back three times for a "mysterious" oil leak. I guess I'll
find out when I leave two black marks out of the parking lot if they've
fixed it. If not it'll be a u-ee back in. Ever heard a p!ssed off Marine
start yelling?

mike

he TB cleaning is easy. Do it yourself. As far as the oil change goes,
they are probably recommending this because of the intake gasket
replacement. When they replace these gaskets, they could or will drop old
gasket material into the engine. That's probably why they are recommending
the change.
Yes, they should be careful when cleaning off the old gasket material, and
yes, they should change the oil at no charge if they contaminate it.
Especially since you just changed it.
Rich - Ashburn, VA

<<When they replace these gaskets, they could or will drop old
gasket material into the engine. That's probably why they are recommending
the change.
Yes, they should be careful when cleaning off the old gasket material, and
yes, they should change the oil at no charge if they contaminate it.
Especially since you just changed it.>>

Sh*t man, they want to charge the guy for an oil change that's probably (or
should be) part of the service procedure?? Now that's sleazy!
Tom

Is it under warranty or not? Cause why bother doind it yourself if you
don't have to?

Frank WJ