DML:for u people with pinging problems

From: FalRan66@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 17:40:18 EST

ok to solve it, i suggest 180 degree thermostat, Magnum engines make there
peak HP at 180 Degrees, the combustion chamber burns too hot at 195 degrees
witch causes pinging,u will not lose any MPG, My father has a 99 dak 5.2 auto
and he first had pinging when started to pull the car trailer, but when we
read in a mopar magazine to put 180 it will solve the prob, now we went on a
1600 mile trip with the trailer behind total weight of 9300lbs of the whole
rig and no pingin, and at some times it got over 100 degrees noutside with
the ac on full blast goin up hills that make big rigs go 25 mph.Hope it works
for u

    Joe
    92 5.2 3.55sg (no pinging)