Re: valve cover gaskets

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 07:40:52 EST

At 08:01 PM 1/13/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I have now claimed my gaskets to be dead.. Anything better than going back
>to OEM gaskets? High Temp RTV?

Quite a few of the performance mechanics think Fel Pro gaskets
are top notch. They put out two types: standard and performance.

I tried to get the performance type for my '97 but, as of last summer,
they only had ones for pre-97. Their standard type is better than
most other performance types from other manufacturers from what I
saw. Since it appears from your posts that 'you feel the need for
speed', go with the ones that have the steel band in it.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.