Re: Introduction and speedometer gear questions

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 07:41:06 EST

At 07:22 PM 1/13/00 EST, you wrote:
> <snip>
>I also bought a replacement 35 tooth speed sensor gear to recalibrate my
>speedometer for the 3.92 with 31 inch tires. However, I can't figure out
>where the sensor is. I've found what I assume to be the ABS sensor on the
>top of the differential, but is that also the one that is used for the
>speedo? If so, what do I need to do to replace the gear? Thanks in advance
>for your help. Dave Monk

Dave

On my '97 auto., the gear was located on the passenger side just behind the
rear end of the tranny. If you locate it, make sure you have a little
container to catch the small amount of tranny fluid that'll come out
when replacing the gear.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.