Re: RE: You won't believe this!

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 10:04:49 EST

I do have the standard rear antilocks but not the 4 wheel antilock.

I got a chance to look at it yesterday after work. The shoes are
DESTROYED literally! They were in little pieces inside the drum. The drum
looks like freddy krueger got ahold of it with his claws, There were
literally PIECES of springs floating around in there and the end of the
P-brake cable was sheared off and floating around in there too! DAMN.
I'm getting a whole new drum, internal mechanicals, shoes, and a new
P-brake cable! I'm not complainin'!!

>Just wondering do you have the anti-locks?
>
>Frank WJ
>

>>Well, yesterday my rear pass. brake started squeling a little bit. When
>>I wasn't on the brake it sounded sorta like it was grinding. First
thing
>>this morning I took it to the dealer to have them look at it! All I can
>>say is WOW! They told me the secondary brake shoe came off of whatever
>>the heck it's attatched to and basically gutted the inside of the drum
>>.like a dead fish! It also sheared off the end of the Parking brake
>>cable. I'm getting a new drum, all internal hardware, and a new P-brake
>>cable (And yes a rental car too, go figure, no parts on hand)! Wow, I'm
>>glad she's under warrantee! (She's got almost exactly 9000 miles on
her)

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
00 Dakota CC 4X4, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Forest Green, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"