Steering wheel off center (Was: You won't believe this!)

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 10:11:05 EST

I heard somewhere that they'll never get it right (centered) if they don't
do it with the engine running? Something to do with the Power steering or
something. Can anybody out there elaborate?

>If you're talking about what I think you are [to go straight, the
>steering wheel
>[center] needs to be around 11:00?] cause if you are, mine does the same
>thing.
>Stlaurent Mr Steven wrote:
>
>> This sounds like a recall coming from DC (due to safety reasons). Good
>>job for the report. I will have mine looked at by the dealer on the
>>next pass (I need correction to the steering wheel-offset about 11:00
>>clock position versus 12:00).

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
00 Dakota CC 4X4, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Forest Green, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"